Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation, Inc., (LHTYF) is an award winning, 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to fostering and promoting kids' health. Established in 2010, we are committed to educating our youth about healthy lifestyles. We provide practical, healthy educational workshops, programs and activities that will affect the lives of children for generations to come. We aim to assist children suffering from childhood obesity, diabetes and hypertension to become healthier and happier. We also intend to assure that kids who are currently healthy, stay that way by encouraging them to have healthy habits. We educate children from all races and backgrounds about why health is essential at an early age. The Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation provides a variety of programs and events, free of charge to kids ages 6-13 who live in the metro Atlanta area. In addition, we empower high school students through our Pinnacle Youth Scholarship Fund which provides book scholarships to assist seniors with their first year college expenses.
To educate, activate, motivate and empower youth in the areas of academic achievement, health, fitness, nutrition and total wellness.
To become the most valued non-profit organization in the Atlanta area helping children and their families to live healthy and strong for life.
Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation, Inc. (LHTYF) is a charitable, tax exempt non-profit organization. Our work serves as the conduit to develop a closer affiliation between children of today and the community-at-large through outreach and educational programs.
Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation is committed to provide youth with the educational tools they need to live healthier more balanced lifestyles.
By working in collaboration with the community, Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation provides services that result in measurable improvements for the children being served.
To teach children how to live healthy, balanced lifestyles so they avoid obesity, diabetes and hypertension.
To build the Pinnacle Youth Scholarship Fund which rewards deserving high school students with colleges scholarships to further their education.
We will achieve the Live Healthy & Thrive Youth Foundation goals by:
- Producing "Healthy Kids" workshops in Spring and Fall each year, free of charge that will focus on educating kids about food/nutrition, fitness and proper health-care. We will provide kids with necessary positive tools that will assist them in developing healthy habits they can use later in life. These educational programs will provide developmental skills used to create a healthy lifestyle while educating them on the dangers of preventable illnesses such as obesity and diabetes.
- Conducting our gardening program, "Gardens are for Kids," to teach elementary students about growing healthy foods and the importance of agriculture in our society.
- Awarding yearly scholarships to high-school seniors who become finalists for writing the best essay and plan to major in health, medicine, education, culinary arts or hospitality.
- Monitoring the success of each program on a quarterly basis.
- Promoting collaborative efforts to strengthen and encourage family support in the quest to live healthier.
LIVE. LEARN. THRIVE.